Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mile 733-751 Ridge near Death Canyon to Chicken Spring Lake

Despite the idyllic surroundings, neither of us slept well . Too hot under quilt, too cold without it. Last night's hot chocolate didn't help us sleep either. Made for a grumpy morning. Tracy thought she had altitude sickness. " I don't feel well ", "I've a headache", "I'm miserable", "Are YOU enjoying yourself?"
We stopped at a creek at the edge of Dutch Meadow and ate our meager portions. We are having to ration our food, we underestimated how hungry we were going to be. We washed our socks using an empty bear canister and then rested for a couple of hours for the camera battery to charge using the solar panel. Then we had a cup of coffee.

Tracy was instantly transformed and exclaimed, 'What a beautiful meadow!'  It's like she was seeing it for the first time! 

Fueled on coffee we had a good afternoon hike and camped later next to a lovely lake near a group of nice hikers. This was the first time we've been able to wash in a lake. Clean, clean, clean.

 Discovered I'd left my sunglasses at the lunchtime creek. ( See mum, that's why I didn't want to borrow your $300 glasses!)






No comments: