Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mile 266 Big Bear Lake

Two zeros, days with no hiking. Giant breakfasts with pancakes bigger than your head. Well, most people's heads. Fantastic family run Mexican restaurant. Really great dive bar, swordfish steaks first night, cheese melts and onion rings the next. Great local beer and brilliant people watching. Karaoke night, lots if country songs. Went with Brett and Erin last night. Bought and organized food for next section. Planned itinerary. Researched and bought new camera. Sarge, the guy who runs the hostel gave me his old camera to use until I get my new one 3 weeks from now. Isn't he nice!  Have hitched to stores and post office and met an eclectic group of interesting people. It would have been fun to video all our exchanges. Some people share their life stories in 5 minutes, others give tours if the town, others ask a lot of questions.

Yesterday  after completing a few of our errands we could finally relax a little. As we sat in the Mexican restaurant having lunch I noticed Tracy had a faraway, dreamy look in her eyes.
Me: What are you thinking?
Tracy: Oh I was just fantasizing about something.
Me: What?
Tracy: I was thinking about exit strategies.
Me: What do you mean exactly?
Tracy: I was thinking that one way to get off the trail with my pride intact would be to say that while I was cleaning my gun I accidentally shot myself in the foot.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

now i thought you guys said the gun was to heavy ;-0

Dave/Reine said...

You sound like you are having a lot of fun? Keep on blogging, we love it.