Monday, September 16, 2013

Mile 2360-2383 unnamed campsite to Old Weather Station Road

Well, you must be on tender hooks..... did Booboo make it last night? Yes, she did! When we heard her approach we all turned on our flashights blink setting so she was greeted by a little disco.  
Got up leisurely after our little slumber party and had breakfast and coffee with Toots and Tears. Then we had to walk 23 miles... some days are easier than others and today we were tired. Fortunately we had a bit of trail magic half way through the day at a road intersection. Root beers and carrots. Camped near an old weather station. I went up the road to investigate it for potential camping spots while Tracy cooked dinner as we waited for Booboo. There was a large metal structure with dishes and cameras attached and then several abandoned, boarded up buildings and huts. There were signs everywhere saying "no trespassing government property". I went up to the most central door attached to a metal corridor connecting two buildings and shook the handle, to confirm that it was closed. I nearly died when the door actually opened and I saw darkness and a pair of forceps lying on the floor. It was like something out of X Files.  I took a quick look left and right along the dark hallway, there were open doors at each end. Creepy! I'd rather get rained on than sleep in there. I reported my findings to Tracy and Booboo and we all camped away from Creepy Old Weather Station down the hill next to a fire road. 


No comments: